Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) - Winnipeg, MB
On behalf of our client, Procom is searching for a Community Relations (Intermediate) for a 12 month contract in Winnipeg, MB.
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Job Details
The Community Relations Liaison is responsible to support local engagement efforts in support of several functional areas including: Regional Operations and Pipeline Integrity, Public Awareness, Regional Emergency Preparedness, Community Investment and Capital project development (if applicable).
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Responsibilities
- Develop strategy based on knowledge of region, considering key communities, community needs and target members of the community
- Assess incoming requests for funding to ensure meet criteria, are meaningful contributions to the community, and provide opportunities for recognition
- Ensure adequate balance of donations throughout the Region and over time to maximize benefit
- Co-Chair Community Action Team (CAT) meetings
- Coordinate and organize applications for review by Community Action Team (CAT)
- Develop campaigns to reach target audiences using local resources; awareness campaigns, seek out events to attend
- Represent TC Energy on industry associations and committees
- Project support (open houses, meetings, emergency response sessions)
- Ensure appropriate publications and documents are available in region (CSR reports, excavators guide, facility maps, PMP fact sheets, regulatory notifications etc)
- Support Incident Management Team as Liaison Officer during emergency response (i.e. on call)
- Contribute to planning of emergency response exercise, specifically:
- Identifying external contacts to invite to participate or observe, including local community’s first responders and leadership, industry members operating in the area
- Providing injects specific to community/Indigenous activities
- Hosting external contacts during briefing portion of Emergency Response Exercise
- Ensuring print materials to be provided to first responders are available.
- Ensure Area Representatives have resources for outreach with first responders
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Must Have Skills
- Bachelor's degree or College Diploma in political science or public policy or related discipline
- Minimum six (6) years of Community Relations experience
- Experience managing complex issues with a wide variety of external stakeholders
- A public relations professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to think strategically, weigh issues and recommend effective solutions
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Nice to Have Skills
- Can work independently and in a team.
- Ability to plan, manage, and prioritize assigned work independently
- Self-motivated individual with excellent work ethics and strong desire to learn and develop
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Assignment Length
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate) Location
Community Relations Liaison (Intermediate)s Start Date
March 02, 2020