Position: IM/IT Project Manager
Sector: Public (Government)
Security Requirement: Secret clearance
Procom has been a proud Canadian leader in building an optimized workforce since 1978 and we are excited to announce a multi-year partnership with our federal client to assist them with their large-scale platform upgrade. Procom will provide support, maintenance and enhancements to application design and development, testing and problem report management.
As part of Project Support Services, we are looking for Project Managers to assist our client throughout the development, implementation and operations of this initiative by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters.
- Guiding several Project Resources, each responsible for an element of the project and its associated project team.
- Formulating statements of problems; establishing procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtaining approval thereof.
- Defining and documenting the objectives for the project; determining budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team.
- Reporting progress of the project on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points in the life cycle.
- Initiating meetings with stakeholders and other project managers when required.
- Preparing plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems; work with a variety of departmentally defined project management tools.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years’ experience as an IM/IT Project Manager within a federal government department/ agency
- Significant experience in the areas of: Scope management, Time management, Cost management, Quality management, HR management, Communication management, Risk management, Procurement management, Stakeholder management
- Experience advising IM/IT senior management such as executive director, director general and/or CIO level or equivalent
- Experience leading complex, multi-team Information Management or Information Technology projects within a large organization.
- PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent certifications are highly desired