Position: Project Scheduler
Sector: Public (Government)
Security Requirement: Secret clearance
Procom has been a proud Canadian leader in building an optimized workforce since 1978 and we are excited to announce a multi-year partnership with our federal client to assist them with their large-scale platform upgrade. Procom will provide support, maintenance and enhancements to application design and development, testing and problem report management.
As part of Project Support Services, we are looking for Project Schedulers to assist our client throughout this initiative with their project schedule, critical path analysis, and project coordination needs.
- Developing and supporting project schedules.
- Developing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structures.
- Producing reports and identifying scheduling and/or dependency issues.
- Conducting and providing critical path analysis.
- Scheduling co-ordination efforts with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Coordinating work efforts with each member of the project(s) team using a results based approach.
- Ensuring the placement of documentation under configuration management as required.
- Reviewing the activities, status and progress with the Technical authority as required.
- Updating and maintaining the integrated master project schedule (and other schedules).
- Identifying implement and process improvement efforts related to scheduling and coordination activities.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of project management / scheduling experience
- Recent experience with project management techniques and processes as part of a team managing complex IM/IT development projects
- Experience working with Microsoft Project as a Project Scheduler.
- Experience as a project scheduler within a central Project Management Office in a large IT environment (more than 5,000 seats environment)