Position: Technology Architect
Sector: Public (Government)
Security Requirement: Secret clearance
Procom has been a proud Canadian leader in building an optimized workforce since 1978 and we are excited to announce a multi-year partnership with our federal client to assist them with their large-scale platform upgrade. Procom will provide support, maintenance and enhancements to application design and development, testing and problem report management.
As part of Project Support Services, we are looking for Technology Architects to oversee the end-to-end architectural integrity and the related integration with other projects within the context of the business programs
- Converting business requirements into strategic solutions that address identified business challenges to meet clients specifications or requirements.
- Provide recommendations to identify and translate system requirements into software design
- documentation. Assessing the validity of the design based on the requirements.
- Providing recommendations on and evaluating deployment options with a view to risk minimization.
- Ensuring the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
- Evaluating hardware and software relative to their ability to support specified requirements.
- Evaluating potential and actual bottlenecks to improve system performance through recommendations.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years’ experience as a Technology Architect working with clients, technical teams and vendors in IM/IT application projects.
- Experience working as a Technology Architect on projects having a minimum value of $10 million.
- Project experience in conducting business or options analysis and recommending IM/IT solutions that fit within the enterprise context.
- Experience in interpreting business requirements and converting those into integrated, strategic technology solutions for the delivery of IM/IT application/system projects that address identified business challenges and requirements.
- Experience in creating and maintaining a Security Requirement Traceability Matrix (SRTM).
- Experience in risk minimization by defining and evaluating system and solution deployment options.
- Experience evaluating hardware and software and making recommendations to address specific requirements improving system performance and addressing potential and actual bottlenecks.
- Valid IT Architecture certification is highly desired